Employment Opportunities with Nolte Precision Manufacturing
(Jobs in Greater Cincinnati, OH)
Nolte Precise Manufacturing, located in Colerain, is in need of a quality engineer. This would be a first shift position.
Plan, coordinate and direct quality controls within an AS9100 and ISO9001 system. Formulate inspection and quality process plans. Verify customer orders have appropriate controls, prints, and employee instructions. Match customer specifications to internal process requirements. Control customer and engineering prints. Specify inspection methods and tools. Prepare PPAP documentation, FAI submissions, Capability Studies and other customer driven documentation requirements.
Develops gauging and inspection plans, designs and implements special gauges, uses standard gauge techniques and applies gauge R&R testing as applicable.
- Defines process specifications as applicable to the manufacturing process; guides manufacturing engineering and production teams to effective compliance with customer requirements.
- Develops sampling plans by applying attribute, variable and sequential sampling methods, identifying sample size and acceptable error
- Creates and monitors Non-Conforming and Corrective and Preventative Action system; Controls MRB area.
- Verifies Quality System effectiveness by auditing and reporting; prepares periodic reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- All quality controls
- Customer and Internal quality process
- All other duties as assigned
Associates degree is desired. Must have working knowledge of CMM and PC-DMIS. Previous shop floor or machinery experience is a plus. Must have strong working knowledge of metrology, instruments and dimensional measurement techniques. Must have calibration and gauge assessment experience (GR&R). CAD/CAM experience and be able to use Microsoft Office. Experience with AS9100 requirements is essential to this position.
Must be able to gather information and be able to articulate process improvements to machinists on the floor as well as management.
Must be able to work with oils and coolants in a noisy environment with temperature swings. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and stoop, bend, crouch. Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen.
Must have excellent math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide, fractions, decimals, percentages). Must have strong blue print reading skills.
Ability to make sound judgements and decisions based on principals of logic, in a timely manner based on skills acquired through experience and training. Must possess ability to access and complete corrective actions by using problem solving techniques, such as 5-Why.