Nolte Precise Manufacturing, located on the west side of Cincinnati Ohio, is in need of a buyer for material, tooling and manufacturing supplies. This full time position is responsible for negotiation of vendor terms, pricing and delivery schedules using knowledge of budget and schedule requirements. This is a very detail oriented position, so accuracy is very important.
This person should possess at least two years of purchasing related experience and have the abilities to perform the tasks below. Prior manufacturing purchasing experience and supply chain concept understanding is essential, to be successful in this position.
- Adhering to purchasing policies, processes and procedures.
- Carrying out warehouse and inventory control policies and procedures.
- Negotiating best vendor terms, pricing and delivery based on specific budget and schedule requirements.
- Using knowledge of machines and equipment to schedule items necessary to continual production cycles.
- Resolving all purchase order and invoice conflicts.
- Providing vendors with answers to questions regarding orders, processing or scheduling and providing them with additional documentation when needed.
- Communicating with management on all issues pertaining to obstacles for maintaining production schedule or pricing changes (delivery, availability, price increases, etc.)
- Maintaining the vendor performance summary and certification(s) required for AS9100 certification.
- Microsoft Office Suite knowledge is essential, as well as other computer skills. Working knowledge of ERP systems is a plus.
- Follow safety policies and procedures and company’s Vision, Values, Principles, and Philosophies, in addition to all OSHA requirements.
- Maintain acceptable attendance, within policy.
High School graduation or equivalent. Associates degree is desirable. Must have at least two years previous purchasing related experience or knowledge. Previous experience in a prior manufacturing setting and understanding of supply chain concepts will be needed, to be successful in this position.
Buyer must be able to set priorities, be a good negotiator, adapt to change, and follow both written and verbal instructions.
Excellent communication skills to work with various internal departments, management on issues, and vendors is essential.
Able to periodically work in a noisy environment and around cutting fluids while adhering to all safety policies
Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening.
Able to use a calculator and computer.
Able to set priorities and make decisions based on logic. Ability to adapt to change, learn new systems and utilize any forms of formal or informal trainings, as needed.