Nolte Precise Manufacturing, located on the west side of Cincinnati Ohio, is in need of a first shift CNC Swiss Machine Setup Operator. First shift is 6:30 AM – 5:00 PM. We work Monday through Thursday, with overtime available on an as needed basis. Join a supportive and collaborative environment, where continuous learning and innovation are encouraged. Enjoy competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for career advancement. Take the first step today and redefine your career as a CNC Swiss Machine Setup Operator.
Responsible for the setup and process validation of programs on CNC Swiss turning machines. Transfers and/or downloads programs to CNC machine control. Follows layout to properly arrange and set cutting tools to be used. Installs work holding devices, part ejectors and other necessary accessories as specified. Runs machine through cycles, observes operations, adjusts and verifies conformance of first piece samples. Replaces worn tools. May replace parts on machines. Instructs operators or other workers in machine setup and operation. May set up machines for other workers. May use statistical process control techniques.
Primary Job Duties
- Setup and operate CNC Swiss Machines
- Provide cycle time and job layout corrections
- Complete daily maintenance and 5S standards
- Communicate work status
- Follow policies and procedures, Vision, Values, Principles, and Philosophies
- Maintain acceptable attendance
Secondary Job Skills
- Any specifically assigned task
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- A proven track record in setup of Swiss CNC machines, preferably Citizen and Tsugami equipment. Must be able to adjust tools and other machine components, adjust the position of work piece or material, set controls, and verify accuracy of machine capabilities, properties of materials, and shop practices.
- Must be able to use tools, equipment, and work aids, such as precision gauges and measuring instruments.
- Demonstrated competency in various materials, tooling and processes
- Have excellent mechanical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Must be able to gather information on job processes and report back to management with process improvements
- Must possess strong math skills in algebra, geometry, and trigonometry
- Must possess advanced blueprint reading skills, including GD&T
- Frequently lift average of 25#, including bending, twisting, crouching, etc.
- Must be able to stand for 10 hour work shift
- Must be able to work with oils/coolants
- Must be able to work in noisy environment